Today (Saturday) began bright and early. Karen and I rode our bikes to the farmers market this morning. I decided to be extremely awkward and purchase a bouquet of sunflowers and two giant bunches of beets. Have you ever purchased a bunch of beets…with the greens still on? I have maybe 8-10 beets andvprobably 3lbs beet greens…remember how I rode my bike? I shoved the giant bag of beets & beet greens into my backpack, and did the same with the sunflowers, only to have the sunflowers topple out. I then decided to attach the zippers on the backpack together with my key ring in an attempt to hold the zipper together and keep the sunflowers in the back pack. It worked! Of course I got many strange looks but let’s be honest, most of the people I passed were headed toward BrewFest, and were probably a little leftover from the night before. I should also tell you about how hot it was, so HOT. And let me tell you eating a donut at the farmers market, yeah that was refreshing (not). Although, it was a maple frosted and bacon donut, healthy I know. But given the opportunity how could you turn down a Dinky Donut? Karen got a red current frosted and white current donut. Genius! This place is going to famous someday!
I then continued my adventure of a day by going to the dump, and following signs to an “All out barn sale, with music and treats” Only in Vermont. The barn sale was sketchy, with 60s Americana and Russian or Bosnian items for barter. A little further down behind the Montreal bagel shop was a treasure trove. I know Jon & Susan would have appreciated it more, and spent more money than I did! It was a used record, book, antique, and art gallery. I think the guy that owned it lived there too. I walked by the “register” where he was seated, and it took me a minute, but realized he was separating pages of an old book with an xacto knife. So apparently he does book restoration too. He had an unidentifiable accent, which added to the intrigue of the shop. Things of note: a Rebecca St James cd circa early 90s, random street signs from downtown, and some sweet woodcut prints (I almost bought one). As I walked out on the shop, I noticed it was called Austrotiques…guess that explains the accent.
1 comment:
You should write on your blog more often (not that I don't appreciate the photos) because you're a great writer! You do the most unique things!
Also, what in the WORLD is a bacon donut???
Post a Comment