23 July 2008

Birthday Review

Where to begin? I don't even know.
My inbox was flooded with sweet birthday wishes from coworkers and friends. I met Beth at a delicious restaurant for a bite of lunch. I was surprised with a yummy homemade cake and ice cream at work. My mom dad sent me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers. I came home and my roommates had prepared a lovely dinner and a beautiful cake.

After dinner, I went with Beth & Karen to a special mass. I always forget, but July 22 is the feast day of Mary Magdalene, on top of that, the bishop was there, and last but most certainly not least, Les Petits Chanteurs de St.Joseph (a french boys choir). I was excited for the music!! In true Catholic tradition, the choir was out of sight, which was a shame because these guys were adorable!!

When the service was over, I was waiting outside and well, one thing led to another, and suddenly the French boys choir was singing "Happy Birthday" to me in French, and then in English. It was precious. Oh and one boy (the conductor) kissed me on each cheek like they do in France. I totally could have chatted with them, but I was so flustered!! I could barely spit out "I'm 25" let alone "J'ai vingt-cinq ans" I know it's hard to believe, so here are some photos, courtesy of KLav & her cell phone:


No comments: