30 July 2008

Sir Elton & Tift

Last week Sir Elton John performed at the Fairgrounds. A handful of my co-workers went, I'm sure it was a great show. I actually had the opportunity to go, but at 90-something dollars a ticket...I passed. He had never performed in Vermont, given this monumentus occasion, Ben & Jerry's invented a limited edition flavor Good Bye Yellow Brickel Road.

A few days later I caught wind of a concert series put on by our local radio station, The Point (it's one of my favorite things about VT and make everyone who visits love it). Last Thursday it was "Tift Merritt" (from N.Carolina) the concerts are normally held at Battery Park overlooking the lake, yeah a gorgeous setting. Last week due to inclement weather, the concert was held in an auditorium at City Hall, I could not have imagined a more perfect setting. In her words,"lets turn down these lights and make this Thursday feel a little more like a Saturday night." We were thoroughly charmed by her sweetness & humbleness, and she was so tickled at our wild cheering and applause. As she played her guitar, harmonica, and or piano, the rain fell, thunder rolled, and lightning illuminated the floor to ceiling windows. She said "this is my favorite summer storm!" She also mentioned that The Point had been the most supportive radio station in the country! Yeah!! She played an amazing set, and left...only to return and play three more songs, the last one in French!!

No comments: