31 March 2012

brunch date

Candied Bacon Waffle







This week I was feeling really antsy, like I wanted to get out of Burlington. So last night Beth and I ran through some possible places nearby that we could take a quick day trip to. She had a commitment in the AM, and then we had to be back back for the UK game--tip off at 6:08!

Our plan was hit up an expensive restaurant in a nearby town, but for lunch. Problem is, alot of fancy places don't serve lunch. After looking at like twenty different places, we decided to go to a place in Burlington called Bluebird Tavern (so much for escaping town, but it was a place that had been on our list for quite some time). We made it in time for brunch, which really is my favorite thing in the whole wide world. I decided on the Candied Bacon Waffle with Poached Eggs & Hollandaise. Seriously, I know it sounds weird, but it was incredible. I'll be back for round two! (maybe in a while, as you can imagine I haven't eaten much else today)

No comments: