mmm. it's fall! i nearly rear ended someone on my way to work the other day as i was in awe of the changing leaves.
i was reminded of one of my favorite weekend get aways ever! Two Columbus day weekends ago...aka Columbus Day 2009, i went to Wisconsin. One of my mom's cousins and her family have a condo in Lodi, WI (north of Madison). We had a great weekend of just being together! We ventured to some little antique shops, a typical fall farm stand, and took in the color. Though it was short, i look back on it with such fond memories.
Since I've lived in Vermont, I've realized that time with family has obviously changed. I can say to some degree, I took for granted those incredible years where we would spend ALL summer at torch lake. I think equated quality time with quantity. I've learned to make the long weekends, (which are actually short compared to whole summers) be just as special as those long summers. It's about quality time with those you love. Weather it's at your home, their home, or somewhere in between.
 |
| antiques!! |
 |
| grandpa and his girls! |
 |
| grandpa taking in the view |
 |
| oh you beccha, got my cheese curds here! |
 |
| we were in Wisconsin after all! |
No comments:
Post a Comment