This has been a project in the works for the past two years!
And hurray it’s done!
The past two gardening seasons Jim has humbly mentioned that
we need to create a new sign for the garden, all eyes turned toward me, the
graphic designer.
It finally happened
this year, and was just installed…in November just in time for….well….next
years’ garden season.
The process:
I created a design for the sign and transferred it to an
overhead transparency. Traced it onto the painted sign. That green paint is
suitable to paint a house FYI. I still have some left, any takers??
I secretly liked tracing via the overhead because I felt
like a teacher making a bulletin board (yes!).
The paint process got started at the end of the year
potluck* where each member did a ceremonial brushstroke—which really turned
into a lot more than one brushstroke. I brought it home where it took up
residence on my kitchen table for several weeks as I painted here & there.
Then moved it to the garage where I gave it a lot a lot of coats of urethane.
Sunday afternoon, we put it up! Hurray!
*I realized how much I’ve been taking garden potlucks for
granted the past three years. I recently went to one for the mentoring
organization I’m involved in, there were a very small handful of homemade
dishes there....


2 comments:
Love it , job well done! Mrs.D
I spy Lemon Chicken font. :) Well done!
Post a Comment