Unfortunately, I didn’t catch a fish on our ice fishing adventure. But, though a random chain of events Greg’s family ended up with like 16 perch that a friend of theirs had caught ice fishing in Lake Champlain.
I went over to his house Friday and he showed me how to bust down these fish, I mean “fabricate” (that’s a technical term). I think I did 3 or 4 and he did the rest really fast like the pro that he is, but it still took a while. We breaded the little fillets and Greg fried them up, we had a yummy salad, bread & pie. It was a lovely evening and quite educational (and I only smelled fishy for a little while)! Here are some photos:





4 comments:
You go girl! I am impressed you did that. You can totally do hardcore camping now!
remember the time you held the flashlight while matt skinned a dead muskrat in carl's backyard funhouse? you had it in you.
I love how you had to take a picture of the fish heads?!?!
i definitely thought of cromer & those guys & hardcore camping! oh carl's backyard funhouse.....
jon, i know, it's so artistic you hardly realize you're looking at guts! hah!
Post a Comment