22 February 2010

Empty Bowl 2010

Over the past few months, I’ve been on a committee with Spectrum (the organization I mentor through) plan a fundraiser. This particular fundraiser is called Empty Bowl, and it’s been gaining popularity across the country (I’ve seen other non-profits /schools do it). This was Spectrum’s Fourth Empty Bowl, and they are also celebrating their 40th year as a non-profit.
The gist of the fundraiser, is that people come in, sit down have salad & bread. Then when their table number is called (by a random drawing). The come up to a big table and select a lovely pottery bowl (which are all donated by local potters) and take it to get it filled with soup (there are like 8 different kinds all from local restaurants!) You can have as much soup as you want, there’s dessert, a silent auction, and lovely jazz!

We held the event at the train station downtown (a different venue from past years) & it could hold more people. It was a smashing success! In the past years, I attended with a friend, last year, I helped serve. This year, I played photographer. It was quite the photographic event, as you’ll see below:









1 comment:

Jon said...

They're doing this down here on March 2nd. However it's over lunch and there's no way I have enough time to drive the half hour to town and back and still have a job when I return. Bummer