07 January 2009

"I know that smell...it's Frankincense!"

Having two roommates, a boyfriend, and being on a school board is giving me the right amount of “vicariously being a teacher”. Although I do exclaim, “I should have been a teacher”, at various times like Christmas break, summer vacation, and SNOW DAYS!

The other day Beth had her kids out for recess and the scent of a wood burning stove filled the air. She paused, and said “class does anyone recognize that scent?” One of her students stopped, sniffed dramatically, and said “Yes! (sniff sniff) I think it’s Frankincense!” Can you tell they talked about the wisemen in class that day?

Anyway, Klav gave me some woodblock carving tools and a woodblock for Christmas. So a few days ago I made this. I still have some tweaking to do. So Happy Epiphany, a few days late!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow! You are a very talented whittler!