I can’t tell you why it makes me squirmish to cook meat, but I have no problem busting into crab & lobster. it probably has something to do with the first years of my life being raised on crab from the Chesapeake. I’m sure my mom could (insert here) an excellent photo of me in a high chair in the mid 80’s chompin’ on some crab, or reaching for the backfin from my dad’s plate (so the story goes).
Anyway….Sunday evening Greg and I went to the store to pick up some essentials: Lobster friends, corn, bread, and butter! Our buddies made it to the house (I almost seat belted them in). We started the water boiling, Greg made some garlic bread. When the water was boiling we dropped our little buddies in (eek!).
*disclaimer: once the lobster eating started, it was impossible to take photos, so you’ll just have to imagine!
We sat down to a newspaper covered table, complete with lots of paper towel, I donned my very stylish bib (thank you Greg), and Beth and Karen rocked some classy aprons.
Greg showed us how to eat our dinner, and the lobster claws started flying (literally)! We also learned new vocabulary such as “poop shoot” (it’s edible!) We were constantly asking “Greg, can we eat this?” and holding up a random lobster part.
After dinner, I commented that it felt like thanksgiving dinner, we realized it’s because it was one of the few evenings in the year that 1. We use our big dinner plates, and 2. There was a (or in this case) several carcasses! Haha!
We finished up the evening with some berry shortcakes topped with homemade whipped cream, and listened to this great guy from Maine Public Radio, the Humble Farmer.








1 comment:
lobsters freak me out because they look so much like spiders. but scott loves lobster.
Post a Comment