It was a cold and unforgiving night in Burlington, Vermont as dusk fell upon the city. I was driving home from the local parish when I saw a wrangly pick up truck two cars ahead of me. Something large was in the back of the truck. I couldn't quite make out the ominous figure, as night was continuing to fall. My curiosity led me to make haste. When I finally worked my way to right behind the truck, there staring me in the face was a DEAD MOOSE.
Could it really be true? Could somebody have been that inhumane to shoot this majestic creature and rob it, not only of its life, but me of its natural glory?
Three rugged men were in the back of the pick-up grasping onto the corpse of the life they had slain.
I pickled up speed, the anger that filled me inside was about to erupt, so I pulled out the weapon of the pacifists: a phone camera.
1 comment:
i love you beth woods! especially how you "pickle" up speed!
this entry knocked my socks off! meres you should have guest blogging more often :)
Post a Comment