Hi,it's been a while. Basically it's been winter and we tend to hibernate and nothing exciting happens.
Today it was 40, the snow is almost gone, the sap is running, and people are starting to emerge!
I went to the dump (classic Saturday morning job) and then I spontaneously went to Bristol, this awesome small town about 20 miles south of Burlington. I had my laptop, I went to this cafe and had the goal of editing some photos while having a bite to eat. WELL, that didn't happen as I planned, as the cafe closed shortly after I got my food. It's okay, I wasn't really looking forward to editing the pics anyway. I ate my sandwich, (ham, cheese, apple, and colemans mustard. side note here about that mustard...it's from England i think, and holy smokes, it is so spicy it takes your breath away). I left after editing a total of two or three pics, dropped my laptop off in the car, and went to some of the shops. One is a cool import shop, where I have purchased several rings, another was this awesome art gallery with this guys photographs, I love his work.
I noticed it was "Maple Magic" weekend. Basically all the shops in town had special sales and maple-y foods to sample. The market had sugar on snow (maple syrup on snow with a pickle). This town is so cute,it's plopped right at the base of some smaller mountains.
I also saw several signs warning about frost heaves.I'm not sure what that is,but i do know it is the name of some semi-pro team here in VT...i assume it has something to do with snow?
In other news, we have successfully completed step two of the conversion to digital tv. We got the special box,then apparently had to upgrade our rabbit ears. We're back in the game-after being disconnected for a month!
P.S. Just got back from seeing the movie man on wire--highly recommend it!
1 comment:
Jon Olsen's botanical prints are pretty great! And that bakery is sweet, too. Your adventures make me painfully aware that I'm missing out on a truly great town!! Shoot, girl.
Post a Comment