25 January 2009

Blueberry Pie

Our friend Nate come over with blueberries (from his parent's bushes in NH), and this evening we made pie! Crust & all! It was so so good!

Some worked on the filling and some worked to make the crust. The filling got a bit further than the crust, because we ran out of shortening. Fortunately we had a back up tub in the basement, after a close examination on said backup shortening...we realized it expired in '05. I ran to the store to get more shortening (and some vanilla ice cream).

We made the pie, then everyone said, "Meredith,make some thing pretty the top of the pie." I frankly just wanted to put it in the oven so it would be done faster. Yum, it was so good!

We watched Music & Lyrics (heart Hugh Grant...who doesn't?!) while the pie was baking and cooling...and then watched a few episodes of the Big Bang Theory. (hilarious show!)

We also got inspired to throw a winter party. The guest list has been written on our mirrior,I think it's going to be potluck style. OH!! and, we're getting a new stove Tuesday.We're all VERY excited. The self-cleaning mechanism broke just before we moved in, several pies,and a spilled cobbler later...it'snasty in there. I can't wait for the new oven/stove. AND we have one of those sleek looking glass-top stoves, NEVER get one, they are awfully hard to keep clean,I think our new stove is a normal coil top. woo hoo!




Note the "stream of sugar"



no more crisco!!!



...and this one expired in "05









YUM!

2 comments:

Jon said...

Very nice. It looks like a bleeding flower.

Jen said...

That looks so yummy!