On the eve of Halloween, I decided to bring back the old tradition of turnip carving.
As a back up plan, I carved a pumpkin, first.
Then, I readied up various kitchen instruments including a pumpkin carving kit, knives, grapefruit knife, and spoon, etc.
Per 22 ½ Halloween tradition, Karen’s family came over. I sat on our living room floor with everyone from mom and dad Lav to little Adele as an audience. I grabbed my tools and went to work as they all watched. “Well, I exclaimed, at least there will be a lot of you to take me to the ER when I cut off my fingers”.
About an inch into the base of the turnip, I decided to try to “carve method” versus the “hallow-out method”. You can see below my “cheep way out”

3 comments:
wuss
well aren't you just so dang cute.
um, not to make you jealous or anything (or maybe yes i am)....i just spent an hour....HOUR....on the phone talking with your boyfriend.
yeah, its like that.
What a cool turnip!!!
Post a Comment