20 September 2007

"We don't use these grapes for grape salad...."

Last Sunday, I began my day with breakfast at the Bees Knee’s in Morrisville…an amazing place to eat…any meal. I was introduced to it very randomly, and would never ever have found it, as it is in the middle of nowhere. It’s pictured below. They have music every night, and is a hot spot for skiers to go. One winter night I watched an Austrian (I don’t know this for a fact but it makes the story better) skier re-load on the carbs he had burnt off that day on the slopes. He had a giant plate of mac and cheese, among several other plates of food! I could go on and on about this place, really. It’s over an hour away- and there were some nights this past winter we braved the back roads to get there. It’s that good. It IS the bees knees.

After breakfast, we took our time to get to Cambridge, home of Boyden Valley Winery. They had their harvest festival this past weekend. Wine tasting, a tour, grape stomping for the little ones, and live music.
Enjoy the photos!

No comments: